Effective Date: December 3, 2020
This site is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
What Personal Data We May Collect
“Personal Data” refers to any information that may be used, alone or in combination with other information, to identify you. We may collect Personal Data relating to you in the following circumstances:
- We may collect any other information you choose to provide to us, including correspondence you send to us.
We also collect, use and share aggregated or anonymized data such as statistical or demographic data for various purposes. “Aggregated data” refers to information that could be derived from your Personal Data but that will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity, e.g., aggregated data relating to all of our website visitors.
Your Personal Data will not be used, disclosed, shared or retained for purposes other than the purposes for which it was collected without your consent unless required by law.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We may use and otherwise process your Personal Data provided to this website for the following business purposes:
- Provide you with products or services (including this site);
- Responding to your requests;
- Improve our site and services;
- Preventing potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- To compile statistics about our website visitors and customers.
Emergent may also use your information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent. If we have sought your consent to process your Personal Data, you may subsequently withdraw it at any time by contacting us at one of the addresses listed below in the “How to Contact Us” section without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before you revoke it.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We use technical, physical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Data from unauthorized access use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. To minimize risks from new security threats, Emergent evaluates these safeguards on an ongoing basis.
Sharing of Your Personal Data with Third Parties
We share your Personal Data with Emergent companies and other third parties in the following cases:
- Service providers. We may disclose your Personal Data to companies that provide services to us and our group companies, such as companies that operate this website on our behalf or for other business purposes such as customer service, market research, security and performance monitoring, data hosting, auditing, and data processing. The service providers are required to keep your Personal Data confidential and are not permitted to use your Personal Data for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for us.
- Third parties where required by law. We may disclose your Personal Data to a third party if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or the decision of a judicial authority, a public authority or a government body, or if disclosure is necessary for national security, law enforcement or other issues of public importance. In some circumstances, such as where national, state or company security is at issue, Emergent reserves the right to share our entire database with appropriate governmental authorities.
International Transfers of Your Personal Data
Your personal information may be collected, transferred to and stored by us in the United States and by our affiliates in other countries where we operate.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Your Rights Over Your Personal Data
Depending on where you live, you are entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to object to or request restriction of processing of your Personal Data, and to request access to, rectification, erasure, or deletion of your Personal Data. To exercise your rights, please contact using the contact details listed in the section below in How to Contact Us. Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity.
If you are aware of changes or inaccuracies in your Personal Data, you should inform us of such changes or inaccuracies so that the Personal Data may be updated or corrected.
Advertising, Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Essential cookies – These cookies enable you to use this website. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse our website and to use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the website. These cookies also help keep this website safe and secure.
- Preference cookies – These cookies store information such as your preferred language selection and website preferences. Without these cookies, our website may not be able to remember certain choices you’ve previously made (such as saved language preference). These cookies can also be used to recognize your device so that you do not have to provide the same information more than once.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how you use this website, such as which pages you visit regularly. These cookies are used to provide you with a high-quality experience by doing things such as tracking page load, site response times, and error messages.
- Third party analytics cookies – These cookies provide us with statistical information regarding the use of this website, such as links that have been clicked or documents accessed.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms – Some mobile and web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
How to Contact Us
You may also contact us at:
Attention: Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer
c/o 400 Professional Drive, Suite 400
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
If you live in Canada and Emergent is unable to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.